Home    Subscribe    List an Event    Contact    Login

Finders Keepers Markets

Friday 12th of May to Sunday 14th of May
by Sarah (follow)
Events (285)      May (208)      Markets (26)     


Sydney’s biannual market is celebrating its tenth year with a new location and a ream of debut designers!

What started as a 20-stall marketplace in the inner west is now a grand nationwide operation that supports more than 1,000 local artists, designers and makers. The Finders Keepers Markets are marking their milestone birthday by uprooting from Australian Technology Park and moving into the Cutaway at Barangaroo. Or as founder Brooke Johnston calls it: “an inspiring empty canvas filled with potential.”

Thornton says 30 per cent of their stallholders are new designers; the other 70 per cent are a mix of sellers who are new to the city, have new collections or innovative product design. “From concepts to finished products – it all needs to tell a complete cohesive story and serve a purpose,” she says. “We also look closely for ethical processes and innovation in materials.”

Johnston says they’re constantly looking for fresh design blood and they choose new sellers by seeking out “anything innovative, beautiful or functional.” She adds, “Australian-made is always appreciated as well.” Later in the year, Finders Keepers will be bringing a new online aspect to their business, about which Thorton is keeping schtum, revealing: “It’s been a big dream in the making (eight years of percolation).”

WHEN: Friday May 12th to Sunday May 14th
WHERE: The Cutaway, Barangaroo Reserve, Hickson Rd, Barangaroo
Tickets: $2
For more information: Visit here

#May
#Events
#Markets
Awesome Value Sydney Events
This course aims to give you the knowledge you need to set your smartphone snaps apart.
Explore Newtown's local cusine.
A fun and educational craft beer experience.
I like this Article - 1
More Articles by Sarah
14 Apr - 17 Apr
159 views
14 May
42 views
20 May
42 views
view all articles by Sarah
Articles by Sarah on Other Hubs
21 Oct - 22 Oct
37 views
13 Aug
53 views
ID: 53281
[ Submit a Comment ]
Categories
April (135)
March (6)
Ongoing (32)
Dessert (20)
Pizza (5)
Seafood (11)
Wine (53)
 
Copyright 2012-2018 OatLabs ABN 18113479226. mobile version