The Bread & Butter Project is an artisan bakery delivering handmade bread to Sydney’s fine food purveyors. As a social enterprise, 100% of their profits are reinvested into baker training and employment pathways for communities in need.
Learn to bake your own sourdough bread and pastry delights from The Bread and Butter Project. In each class they will take you through the whole process, turning handfuls of flour into your own warm, crusty loaves and sweet treats.
You will work with our starter and artisan shaping methods. They will take you step by step through the creative process and educate you in the skills and techniques needed to replicate the baking process at home for the enjoyment of friends and family.
This master class is suited for keen beginners as well as those with some baking experience.
- Tour of The Bakery
- Sour Dough Master Class
- Pastry Delight Class
- Catch up with a Trainee Baker
What You Will Learn:
- The art of sourdough bread making from starter to baking your own hand shaped loaves
- The art of great pastries
- Insights from a Trainee Baker on how the Bread and Butter Project has offered a new career opportunity for Asylum Seekers and Refugees
What You Receive:
- The Bread and Butter Project Apron and Recipe Book
- Copy of all recipes and baking methods from your master class
- Your own handmade sourdough loaf and pastries, baked and ready to eat
- Your own sourdough starter
Attending a Class:
To ensure that the class runs smoothly, they ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled class and make yourself know to bakery staff to register your attendance.
WHEN: Wednesday April 19th 9am - 1pm
WHERE: The Bread & Butter Bakery, 36G Fitzroy Street, Marrickville
For more information: Visit here